So, we’re less than 18 hours away from the official LAUNCH of New Way Church. Big breath in. Exhale. Again.
What’s going to happen? Well, here’s what I don’t know:
- How many people will come?
- How many people will be glad they came?
- How many people will come again after tomorrow?
- How many people will learn or experience something that will transform their lives in some way?
- Will we have enough parking?
- Did we rent too many chairs?
- Is our advertising effective?
- Is my sermon any good?
Actually, I could keep going. And going. And just thinking about it gives me heart palpitations.
But here’s what I do know:
On Sunday, February 27th, from 10 to 11 a.m., our little community will worship the Lord. With few or many people around us, we will turn to Jesus Christ as God, as a Human, as our savior, and He will be present. I have no doubt. I also know that whatever happens, He has already foreseen it, and has made plans and provisions so that good will come out of it.
The LORD is my light and my salvation;
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1)
Lord, I pray that you will strengthen me and calm me and hold me up and lead me forward. Let me be your servant. Please make me whatever you need me to be so that people can see you in a new way. I’m a broken, flawed, limited person, but I know you can use that. Help me help others. And if at all possible, make it fun, too.